The Product Code serves to identify the model of telephone that we have, the zone to which it belongs with which it obtains the language, the operator to whom it belongs, if it is a special or normal edition …
Changing the Product Code we get that our Nokia N97 believes that it is the free version. We have not released the phone, we removed the software that it introduced the operator that we have contracted.
In this way, changing the Product Code, we can update the new firmware to our N97. If your Nokia N97 is free you can save change the Product Code.
The procedure requires a PC with Windows XP or Vista, if Windows Vista you must give administrator permissions to the program, that you do so before you run, for this you do click with the right button on the pkey and you do click where it says run as an administrator, to leave displayed a poster of Windows, we give him to allow and ready.
How to change product code on N97:
- Download and install Nokia Ovi Suite, click here to download. Once installed, you must connecting the phone cable at least once and select the PC Suite. This is installed in the system the drivers of the cable and telephone. Before moving to step 2 we must make sure that the mobile has to be able to correct connection with the pc mode ‘pc suite”.
- Download and install JAF 1.98.62 and JAF PKey Emulator V5, to download click here. To install JAF 1.98.62 can that it asks you if you want to modify the driver of cable that is already installed in the system, you say that do not. Once the installation of JAF 1.98.62 do not execute.
- Make a copy of the contents of your phone. Copy applications, agenda, calendars, images, etc. The upgrade can be done without deleting the content of the phone previously, but sometimes there are errors with configurations of the previous version or with applications that had installed.
- Make a hard-reset, so you put N97 without contacts, without applications, with the default configuration of all parameters, etc. To make the hard-reset writes: *#7370# and writes the security code, if you never has changed, which is expected by omission is: 12345 and click: Yes
- Now connect your Nokia N97 via USB and select the mode PC Suite.
- Run JAF PKey Emulator v5.0 and click GO.
- You’ll see an error: BOX DRIVER NOT INSTALLED, click Aceptar.
- Now run JAF v1.98. Select the tab BB5.
- Select Prod. Manager and click SERVICE.
- Click Read Values.
- Now you can write a product code. Change the box on the PRODUCT CODE WITH THE CODE, depends on your n97 you should put the product code: List Product Code.
- Click Write Values and ready.
We already have our Product Code of a Nokia N97 free. Already you can update your N97 to the latest version of software available from Nokia.
NOTE:Commenting that the file jaf seems infected with a trojan, TR/Crypt.MPR.Ge, this is because this type of programs played “internal information”, but JAF has no viruses.